Turbham Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Billing Specialist
Department / LOC: Billing – Downtown
Reports to: Billing Supervisor
- The Medical Billing Specialist performs complex clerical and accounting functions for patient billing, including verification of invoice information, maintenance of third party billing records, and resolution of problems.
- Follows up on submitted claims and patient billing; resubmits claims or correct inaccuracies. May handle cash items and accounts receivable posting. Works with others in a team environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes billing to patients and third party insurance companies.
- Maintains supporting documentation files and current patient addresses.
- Researches and responds by telephone and / or in writing to patient inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Monitors submitted claims; follows up on unpaid claims, and initiates dialogue with insurance companies.
- Resubmits claims to insurance companies as necessary.
- May receive and receipt cash items and third party reimbursements.
- Posts and reconciles payments to patient ledgers.
- Balances daily batches and reports.
- Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems.
- Participates in development of organisation procedures and update of forms and manuals.
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties, including telephone reception, mail distribution, and other routine functions.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Evaluates the patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
- Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Reviews accounts for possible assignments to collections and makes recommendations.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Works in conjunction with the reception to ensure clean billing.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Assists in development and communication of SOP for key areas to improve accuracy and understanding of processes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Proficient in computers and relevant software applications and practice management technology.
- Possession of strong problem solving skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and build effective relationships with internal and external customers to achieve goals.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to achieve team goals while demonstrating organizational values and utilizing resources responsibly.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Exhibit high level of quality through attention to detail and monitoring of work.
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgement.
- Prior medical billing and administrative experience in a private medical office.
- Customer service.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Physical demands of position: sitting, standing, walking, typing, phone communication, face to face conversation.
General Sign Off:
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company polices. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
N200,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply