MyColleague Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world-class recruiting process with a vibrant, talented and passionate team. We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Loan Underwriter
Location: Yaba, Lagos,
Job Type: Full Time
About the Job
- As a Loan Underwriter (m/f), you are responsible for a portfolio of Nigerian SME customers. You will have the primary responsibility for loan quality and compliance.
- You will ensure that approved loans meet regulatory requirements, internal Lending Policy and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s).
- Underwrites loans requests in a manner that is compliant with internal Lending Policies, SOP’s, including guidelines. .
- Decide regularly which loans may be terminated and supervise the termination process.
- When necessary assists in processing applications by performing processing functions including Member contact updates, third-party communication, and other processing or loan closing tasks.
- Ensures that Loan Operating System (LOS) is updated in all required areas on a daily basis.
- Work closely with our Legal Department and Risk Management.
- Improve our internal and external processes.
- Ensures that loan turnaround times for period from receipt of the completed application to credit approval then funding are met.
- Underwriting loans.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in banking/finance/receivables management.
- Very good knowledge of evaluating the risk requirements of SME loans and develop the risk management plan in accordance with the contract requirements in liaison with the Business Development Manager.
- Can perform quantitative analysis in accordance with the Risk Management Plan; cost and schedule risk analysis.
- Professional level using Microsoft Excel.
- Able to identify and analyze the risk associated with a multitude of exposures.
- Teamwork as well as the ability and willingness to find your way around in a dynamic environment.
- E-commerce experience is an added advantage.
- Ability to spot loan discrepancies.
Benefits and Perks
- A steep learning curve in an innovative industry; including plenty of responsibility and conceptual freedom.
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Fast track leadership opportunities in line with performance.
- An international team of experts who inspire and support you.
- Regular get-togethers, team building events, barbecues, and parties
- Typical Start-up perks: flexible working hours, company healthcare plan, pension scheme, etc.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the mail and a brief cover letter on why you are suitable for the role.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.