CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit card for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to engage in a set of practices that combines software development and IT operations. With aims to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality, and speed up/automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary.
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Relevant training & certifications
- 3-5years of experience in a similar role
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering or related course
- Highly competent with CICD pipeline tools such as, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild, Git or equivalent alternatives.
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of PHP, VUE JS, PYTHON, AWS etc.
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, Mongo etc.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Professional work experience in project development, team building and leadership
- Experience developing engineering applications for a structured corporation
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, detail-focused, motived, good at teamwork
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail