Palladium Group Limited
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Job ref.: req10537
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Level of effort: Full-time
Project Overview and Role
- Global Prosperity Fund’s ‘Skills for Prosperity’ is a £75m FCDO programme, which seeks to improve the cost-effectiveness, access, quality, relevance and equity of skills through innovative approaches in 9 Middle-Income Countries around the world, including Nigeria.
In Nigeria, the Skills for Prosperity (S4P) country programme will work in three targeted states to:
- Improve access to quality Higher Education and TVET for youth and young women, with a focus on improving access to and the quality of apprenticeships, and supporting training institutions to deliver demand-driven, competency-based training,
- Strengthen education-to-employment linkages, and
- Build the capacity of training institutions to improve outcomes for vulnerable women and people with disabilities.
- Apprenticeships, training, and capacity building interventions will focus on identified high growth sectors of the economy (Agriculture / Agribusiness / agro-allied industries; Creative and Entertainment, and Information and Communications Technology sectors).
- S4P aims to directly benefit youth, vulnerable women and People with Disabilities (PwD) in targeted states of Kaduna in the north, Benue in the central belt, and Lagos in the south. It will also establish learning and peer sharing mechanisms across other states, including Kano, Enugu and Edo.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- S4P requires a Finance & Admin Officer with a relevant track record, and interest or experience in the private sector and skills development. The Finance & Admin Officer should have the drive to tackle new and complex challenges and work with us to learn, adapt and deliver sustainable benefits for Nigeria.
The Finance and Admin Officer will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Process and coordinate monthly statutory deductions for payroll.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Assist with event planning and other activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants.
- Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion. Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ, as required and supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate with local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing, and process payments for all service providers.
- Assist with the development of activity budgets for related project activities.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing / filing, and meeting minutes).
- Prepare cost-share reports.
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s).
- Negotiate, administer, and assure compliance with agreements to include but not limited to: Contracts, Grants, Cooperative Agreements, Purchase Orders and Task Orders.
- Ensure that before any purchase takes place relevant authorization has been obtained.
- Provide logistics and travel support to program staff.
- Track all domestic and international travel of project staff. This includes assisting with the preparation of monthly travel log reports.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed
- The Finance & Admin Officer will report directly to Finance and Admin Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with FCDO funded projects and / or experience working on an international development project.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with managers, colleagues, and clients.
- High computer proficiency, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite and accounting software programs.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Local candidates only-no relocation expenses provided
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online