Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Job Closing Date
About the role
- We are searching for a qualified senior product manager who will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- The senior product manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Define Klasha’s product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnership and licensing opportunities.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Perform product demos to customers.
- Develop sales tools and collateral pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success.
- Brief press and analysts, and take part in press tours.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience by identifying and filling in product gaps, generating new ideas to grow market share, improving customer experience and driving growth.
- Create buy-in for the product vision, both internally and with key external partners.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver a quick time-to-market with optimal resources.
- Drive product launches including working with the public relations team, executives, and others.
- product management team members.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any Business related course, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in the tech or similar industry, at least a few years working in startups, preferably in the African eCommerce or Fintech space.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Understand that the product is beyond scrum and agile and think that product, design, and software engineering go hand in hand.
- Love helping others grow in their jobs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Organisational and time-management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical expertise.
- Analytical skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Prioritisation skills.
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Private health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Access toKlasha Sessions development training courses.
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online