Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Airport Services Agent
Job Id: 220000KW
Job Location: Lagos
Category: Cargo & Airport Operations
Job Closing Date
21st June, 2022.
- We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Ground Services team in Lagos, Nigeria as Senior Airport Services Agent.
- Provides quality service to passengers with respect to check-in, boarding, special services, lounges, airport hotel and baggage services as per the company’s commercial and safety standards and procedures ensuring passengers and their baggage are handled in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Ensure Premium Passengers receive total quality service and staff adhere to safety policy and security standards of the company.
- Acts as the first contact between the Airline and its customers as well as all stakeholders and agents who may need assistance with questions, portraying QR image to the highest standards.
- Ensure that airport operation meets QR’s standards; policies and procedures satisfy local and international safety and security standards and conform to aviation regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all areas of operations, i.e. flight OPS (OTP), WBL, aircraft loading, baggage handling, departure, arrival, and cargo handling run smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitors all Gate and Check-in activities ensuring the accurate, service-oriented acceptance and boarding of passengers.
- Ensure smooth handling of Customer service at the station.
- Liaises with ramp and GHA staff and supports Airport Services Supervisors in all areas.
- Perform the Aircraft Turnaround Check (ATC) duty as assigned by the ASM to ensure the safe operation of QR ground ramp product.
- Operate aircraft cabin service doors from the outside where applicable to facilitate and reduce the associated safety risk of inadvertent slide deployment.
- Escorting and directing Arriving/Departing passengers to the respective areas such as Hotel Desk, Visa Counter, Transfer Desk, Premium Lounges, and Boarding Gates.
- Assists Duty Officer to handle company material and records.
- Brief GHA on new procedures and ensure that they are implemented accurately and fully.
- Ensure required pre and post-flight administration is conducted timely, and record accurately all flight activities.
- Handle administrative issues related to monthly/quarterly reports. Ensure requests on operational service failure matters are responded to immediately with a high degree of accuracy and correctness.
- Work with GHA and ensure all training records of their dedicated/assigned staff to QR are up to date.
- Assist Passengers in regard to Entry Requirements, Visas, and Residence Permits. Carry out general profiling of passengers on a need basis.
- Carry out any verification as and when required to protect revenue and image of the company by referring to relevant policy and procedure.
- Ensure utmost priority is given to all security and safety-related norms laid down by the company, and local authorities and the relevant procedure is implemented/executed through GHA staff.
- Ensure passengers are assisted smoothly through airport facilities.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story:
- Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make.
- You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience.
- You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
- Our best is here and still to come.
- To us, the impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Courses in Passenger Handling and Customer Services such as introduction to Civil Aviation and Passenger Handling.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to effectively manage mishandled baggage services, including service recovery situations with customers.
- Must have legal rights to live and work in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online