Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development. Ikeja Electric has over 1,000,000 customers who the company is committed to serve with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy. This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Officer (Policies / Process)
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Job Closing Date
3rd June, 2022
Reporting To: Risk Supervisor/Risk Manager
- Will be responsible for assisting the Risk Supervisor/Risk Manager in all risk management activities.
- Support the first line of business and support functions to identify, assess, treat and monitor risks relating to their operations in line with the company’s risk framework, policies and procedures.
- Assist in capturing risk data for analysis and reporting.
- Participate in the process of facilitating risk and control self-assessment.
- Maintain risk register and update it regularly.
- Track key performance indicators and key risk indicators and escalate movements likely to overshoot the tolerance limits.
- Proactively monitor processes due for reviews and follow up to ensure periodic updates are made as necessary.
- Participate in the review of processes and procedures to identify gaps.
- Develop content for risk awareness tips and liaise with Internal communications and IT team to educate staff on the approved risk framework, processes and risk management process via various channels (email, screensaver or other avenues).
- Maintain electronic and physical database of ERM policies, processes, framework and all such related data.
- Under the supervision of the ERM Manager, coordinate and collaborate with various departments within the organization to formulate, implement and disseminate company-wide policies, processes and standards for risk integration across board.
- Data analytics particularly on adherence to policy and process across the organization.
- Follow up on risk management recommendations to ensure timely and complete implementation
- Comply with Quality Management System, Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Risk Supervisor/Manager.
- A good First Degree or equivalent in science or social science field
- Relevant professional certifications will be an advantage
- Work experience of two years.
- Oral and written communication skill.
- Numerical skill
- Business acumen
- Some understanding of the power industry
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Team player.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online