The Nextier Group is a multi-competency firm that seeks pragmatic ways to build the society we want to live in. We apply the best thinking and a deep understanding of Africa in our quest to build a society where everyone can achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Policy Analyst
Job Location: Wuse II, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Job Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Policy Research Analyst.
- The Policy Research Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand the meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools and synthesise cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and the private sector to mobilise financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
Collaboration and Support:
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Manage, coordinate, and organise the monthly discussion on critical matters to economic growth.
- Organise power sector-specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
Research and Technical Writing:
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing, and proofreading articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
- Public relations between Nextier Power and relevant consultant and power sector operators on relevant projects and dialogues
- Look out for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants to exchange ideas and information.
Conduct research on the industry:
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
- Other related tasks and activities as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any Science related field
- Minimum of Second-Class Upper division (Master’s degree is an added advantage)
- 3-5 years of working experience, preferably in the power sector
- Knowledge of donor agencies operational procedures
- Good networking and negotiation skills
- Must be able to develop policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proofread articles and briefs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Some knowledge of “back office” computer systems
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently or part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Attention to detail.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email. For Example: (Policy Research Analyst – Nextier Power).