CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Operations Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Job Closing Date
- Working closely with the Director of People, this role will drive HR functions to ensure compliance and core functionality while helping prepare the organization for future growth.
- This includes promoting company values and culture, implementing employee benefits and development programs, and refining policies and processes.
- This role will provide day-to-day management, oversight, and technical support to our People in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Rwanda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy, Process, and Systems:
- Collaborate with the Director of People to review, edit, and refine internal processes and procedure maps; train and hold accountable all People Unit team members to these internal processes.
- Ensure that all personnel files are up to date and in compliance with company policy.
- Maintain and file correspondence, and reports as well as sensitive and confidential data, employee files, and documents.
- The key point of contact for HR legal and regulatory compliance; regularly monitors updates and performs periodic audits of various processes to ensure efficiency and compliance (employee files documents, contracts, etc).
- Manage New Hire Orientation and support our onboarding program to ensure seamless integration of new hires into CcHUB’s culture and community.
- Advise employees on day-to-day HR policies and procedures and other employee lifecycle events.
- Assisting employees where appropriate in resolving their concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Conduct off-boarding, analyse trends and share data with the Director of People to influence/inform decisions.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with the rest of the People Unit and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
- Support the development of tools, programs, and metrics that increase Employee Engagement.
- Leads the annual Employee Engagement Survey administration & action planning process for all employees- including preparation, survey execution, analysis, and planning.
- Ensures the results are communicated and action planning efforts are upheld companywide throughout the year.
- Accountable for ensuring the integrity of the employee engagement process, tools, and outcomes.
Learning and Development:
- To lead the development and implementation of all aspects of the Organization’s training programs, policies, and objectives to develop and maintain effective employee strength.
- The training program should aim to enhance skills and knowledge, motivate and retain employees, strengthen collaboration and team dynamics, and contribute to the company’s culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Liaise with unit heads to understand employee skills gaps and offer learning solutions.
- Establish ways to measure the total effectiveness of all learning and development programs.
- Lead the implementation of the company-wide performance management process from the planning to the reviewing cycle.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the bi-annual performance evaluation process.
Events & Culture:
- Proactively promote and lead activities to contribute to the adoption of company values in action and positive office culture.
- Organise regular team building and culture-building activities outside of work.
- Celebrating our people’s personal and professional milestones.
Monitoring & Reporting Metrics:
- Own all HR metrics and report to the Director of People monthly. Partner with the Director of People to identify trends in the business and use the data to tell a story.
- Build dashboards that enable leaders to understand the People unit data, assess functional unit performance, and develop targeted action plans.
- Ensure that employee turnover analysis is provided quarterly, and the organization is informed of major challenges.
Immigration / Mobility Management:
- Manage the immigration program for all locations, development, and implementation of immigration policy.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation/regulations. Monitor legislative and law changes affecting this area of responsibility.
- Engage with immigration legal counsel as required to facilitate employee movement between countries/company entities.
- Reviewing and managing mobility budgets, liaising with Finance unit when required.
This role is for you if:
- You have worked in a technologically driven environment as an in-house people practitioner.
- 3+ years of HR leadership experience.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements across Africa.
- You have demonstrable experience handling employee relation cases and supporting the day-to-day people operations activities during the employee lifecycle
- You are familiar with talent management and supporting the teams through the different processes
- You enjoy helping to implement or scaling core people processes and systems.
- You enjoy working at a fast pace to achieve growth whilst maintaining a focus on accuracy and quality.
- You are organized, with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks effectively at the same time.
- You are a company ambassador and you will develop our strong internal culture to support our growth and retention of existing talents.
What’s On Offer?
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare Coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and training
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
- A chance to make a social difference
- Overall fun company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online