Holcim – What world do you want to live in? Holcim is 70,000 people who build progress together. Join us to build greener cities, enable smarter infrastructure, improve living standards, and so much more. Innovation and sustainability in the built environment starts with us. A career at Holcim means it can start with you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Category: Mechanical Planner
Job Type: Manufacturing
Job Shift: Type: Day
Gender: Does not matter
Highest Education: BSc
Degree title:University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of field work experience in a relevant industry.
Other experience: Relevant Experienced
Career Level: Experienced
Job Status: Regular Full-Time
No of Jobs: 0
Start Publishing: 19-08-2022
Stop Publishing: Not Specified.
Job Status: [Ewekoro, Ogun- Nigeria ]
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Computer literacy is essential
- Knowledge in Maximo is necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of field work experience in a relevant industry.
Knowledge & Skills
- Very conversant with cement plant equipment.
- Good definition of technical standards and applications.
- Correct equipment and corresponding spares specification.
- Energetic and flare to work unexpected long hours.
- Accurate in specifications.
- Inquisitive and curious.
- Good aptitude for paper and computer work
- Affinity to conclude everyday’s business
- Must be able to lead a small group of 10 Staff.
- Coordinate about three activities simultaneously.
- Good estimation of activity duration and execution
- Application of safety regulations to all maintenance.
- Professional Proficiency in English Language.
- The Mechanical Planner is responsible to prepare all planned activities that have to be executed by the maintenance team, service companies or contractors.
- In that role, the Planner will work closely with the Execution Team, inspectors and the production team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day preparation and job planning.
In this role, you will:
- Improve the content and quality of information on work orders and eventually put them in progress after section heads approves them.
- Add pertinent information to the work order, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately
- complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Determine and list all the safety procedures associated with the work to be performed.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and tradesmen.
- Provide the machinery history information with the job plan.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Ensure that once a job is completed, the WO is filled out properly and that meaningful information is entered into the machinery history file and eventually close the work order.
- Inform the section foremen when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
- The incumbent will work with the Storeroom supervisor to update and maintain the equipment parts catalogue, and develop parts catalogues for existing equipment that have none as well as develop, equipment tool list for jobs that require such.
- The Mechanical Planner will work with the Storeroom Supervisor to review and update parts min-max levels
- The Planner will be responsible for improving and maintaining the equipment files and history (paper and electronic) in conjunction with the draughtsman.
- The Planner will develop and review all schedules on a regular basis, and ensure that they are up to date and contain all pertinent information.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing officers & Storeroom Supervisor, the Engineer will ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with the Lafarge standards, plant equipment reliability and economic constraints. He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt.
- Plan major equipment annual overhauls.
- Draw up the technical specifications for the purchase of the spare parts.
- Manages general and specific technical documentation.
- Manages the equipment codification.
- Assist the Methods Manager with the preparation of the annual budget and control of it once approved.
- Participate in the Maintenance Supervisor On-Call Program.
- Comply with EMS Methods Instrumentation activities
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online