The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: Legal Entity Controller – West Africa
Job Type: Manufacturing
Job Shift: Full time
Gender: Does not matter
Highest Education: Graduate
Degree title: University Degree
Start Publishing: 06-06-2023
Stop Publishing: 16th June, 2023.
Job Status: Lagos
- Manage non-financial reporting to headquarters in Atlanta, including impairment surveys, legal reserves, payments to government officials, etc.
- Review monthly computation of service fees and fees & commission.
- Review monthly legal entity Profit and Loss´ (P&Ls), balance sheet and narratives and quarterly legal entity balance sheets and narratives.
- Co-ordinate the completion, review and sign-off of the Annual Financial Statements with Lead LEC, Finance Director, Statutory Reporting Centre of Excellence Team, Corporate Tax Counsel and external auditors.
- Ensure items highlighted at monthly Balance Sheet Risk and Opportunities meetings are addressed and acted upon within agreed timelines.
- Review and approve purchasing contracts as controller approver for countries covered.
- Plan for annual functional OPEX budget & track against actuals using rolling estimates.
- Manage relations and request from local banking team as may be required from time to time.
- Responsible for interacting as needed with other areas, i.e. Genpact Service team, Accounting Research, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax, Controllers Group, etc.
- Review Accountant in Charge Memoranda (AICs), Standard Practices and Procedures (SPPs), etc. that impact Coca-Cola business in order to ensure that the financial statements are being properly reported.
Tax Planning, Mitigation and Compliance:
- Proactively work with the Operating Unit/Franchise functions to mitigate all tax risks and support Commercial Finance and Franchise teams in resolving indirect tax issues (excise, customs, VAT, withholding tax, corporate income tax and PAYE) affecting the system.
- Review & approve significant contracts, agreements and business processes for compliance and tax efficiency.
- Maintain tax tracker and engage the OU and Atlanta corporate tax department on all tax issues arising and progress in resolving them. Advice on risks and opportunities arising from tax audits.
- Review of the monthly VAT, withholding tax; quarterly deferred tax and corporation tax computations and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger and prepare/review monthly tax returns and follow up for timely filing with, payment to and reconciliation with Self-Assessment Returns (SARS).
- Approval of monthly/quarterly general ledger (GL) tax account reconciliations.
- In liaison with Regional Controller, engage senior tax counsel, external tax advisers and tax authorities and coordinate responses to all tax audits and queries within timelines agreed with or demanded by tax authorities.
- Collaborate with Legal and Company secretarial service providers to ensure compliance with Companies’ Act and other local/secretarial requirements.
- Monthly/periodic review of tax authorities´ statement of accounts for all taxes to ensure payments are correctly allocated, receipt of withholding tax credit notes on bottler invoices and any tax refunds are confirmed by treasury.
- Proactively manage work assigned to external advisor to ensure that agreed timelines are met and quality standards are adhered to within the approved budget.
Operational Control and Compliance:
- Support the quarterly Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) certification process for the Africa OU
- Work with Franchise Finance to ensure proper documentation, communication and implementation of all relevant Company policies and procedures.
- Support internal and external audit process conducted by the Corporate Audit Department.
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or related and registered qualified professional Accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- 5-10 years’ experience in applied Accounting, preferably gained in a multinational environment (Big 4 or FMCG Multinational).
- Tax Planning and Compliance.
- Strategic Financial Consulting.
- Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g. SOX, Segregation of Duties, etc.) and Auditing.
- US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP.
- Advanced SAP and Excel skills.
- Treasury appreciation.
- Analytical skills.
- Systems thinking.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online