GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: Lead Engineer, Gas Turbine – Compressor – Product Service Engineering (M/F)
Job Type: Engineering
Job Shift: Full time
Gender: Does not matter
Highest Education: Graduate
Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering
Start Publishing: 18-05-2023
Stop Publishing: Not Specified.
Job Status: Rivers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in Field Services, Gas Turbines, Engineering or Operations with significant gas turbine compressor engineering experience
- Ability to travel globally to customer GT sites and offices to support root cause investigations, critical outage inspections, and customer communications (user conferences or technical meetings); typically <10% travel
- Ability and willingness to support off-hours occasionally to support customer issue resolution
- Strong English language communication capability, both verbal and written
- 10+ years gas turbine experience and proven track record of developing or servicing gas turbines’ compressor systems is a plus
- Compressor operability/HW knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated leadership to pursue correct engineering actions in adverse conditions or situations
- Able to interface and communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally with customers
- Team player with global mindset and ability to work effectively with different cultures
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work, of cross- functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understands business objectives and drives specific tasks required to meet the objectives
- Communicates the business vision effectively in an open and consistent manner
- Displays good interpersonal skills – is accessible and approachable
- Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met
- Measures processes and performance through the customer’s eyes
- Demonstrated capability to remain calm and collected in challenging/safety related/high-cost situations to develop a step by step plan, communicate it, gain concurrence through technical prowess, and drive tasks to completion.
- Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Builds loyalty and commitment.
What You Will Do
- The Gas Turbine Product Service Lead Engineer will provide technical guidance and support of Gas Turbine customers and to GE in terms of compressor technology (both HW and operability).
- In this role you will be responsible for customer technical issue resolution for Gas Turbine Compressor components and operability ranging from day-to-day technical troubleshooting to major and complex root cause analyses with long-term business implications to GE and our customers.
- Provide technical expertise to the Gas Turbine Product Service engineering team leading root cause investigations and daily technical case support across all GE heavy duty frame sizes
- Lead complex, high impact root cause investigations applying engineering techniques and processes to develop solutions and ensuring issues are solved in terms of accuracy, quality, and timeliness to meet customer needs and business goals
- Lead external communication with customers including the development and introduction of TIL and ETC documentation
- Prepare technical presentations for customers and senior leadership: user conferences, webinars, or other customer technical reviews
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and being addressed
- Ensure operational rigor and support to the team on the cases they handle
- Work with other experts (TL, PE) to ensure cross platform information dissemination and training; mentor and develop less experienced staff
- Develop awareness of global fleet issues and how they might impact regional customers
- Travel to customer locations in support of commercial teams during unplanned/forced outages and customer technical review meetings
- Participate in Lean Action Workouts and lead Kaizen projects to improve internal Product Service processes and support continuous improvement efforts
- Grow your technical capabilities by continuously learning and coaching outhers
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online