Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: IT Services Coordinator
Gender: Does not matter
Start Publishing: 30-06-2023
Stop Publishing: 25th August, 2023.
Job Status: Not Specified
What I would Do
- Ensures availability and optimal performance of the computer network facilities, particularly the e-mail, internet and printing systems, telecommunication and printing equipments as well as hardware and software planning and replacement
- Coordinates and administers the work of the IT Services Section to ensure that staff meets their work targets; carries out server-side and client-side hardware/ software installations
- Draws up a sound fault-tolerant, data backup and disaster recovery strategy, implements and regularly revises same
- Analyzes and evaluates offers for technological requirements and makes recommendations to management
- Supervises helpdesk activities in order to ensure that users benefit from a high level of support service; joins in providing helpdesk support when specialized knowledge is required or when there is a backlog of unresolved support calls
- Monitors network activities and conducts security checks, in conjunction with the system administrators, in order to guard against network intrusion
- Investigates and evaluates new IT paradigms; determines the feasibility and potential benefits of new or emerging technology for OPEC’s work
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- University Degree: 10 years in IT, whereof 2 years in supervisory/coordinating position
- Advanced Degree: 8 years.
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Exchange e-mail server
- Firewall management
- PC and Network Troubleshooting
- User support skills.
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity.
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international.
- In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade D reporting to the Head, Administration & IT Services Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a Resume and an Application Form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for Opec (PDF) (See the Nigeria address below).
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Adedapo Odulaja,
Governor for OPEC,
Office of the Minister of Petroleum Resources,
Block D, 11th Floor, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macauley Way,
Central Business District,
- In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 55 years.