dLocal is the #1 payments leader focused on emerging markets and helps some of the best companies in the world expand in emerging countries. Global brands such as Amazon and Google rely on us to increase conversion by eliminating complexity and managing their payments expansion effortlessly. As both a payments processor and a merchant of record where we operate, we make it simple and risk-free for our client partners to make inroads into the world’s fastest-growing, emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: Head of Operations – Africa
Job Type: Job
Job Shift: Full time
Gender: Does not matter
Highest Education: Graduate
Start Publishing: 19-05-2023
Stop Publishing: Not Specified.
Job Status: Lagos, Nigeria
What’s the Opportunity?
- Oversee dLocal’s strategy and partnerships operations in Africa in order to enable local payments processing for international merchants.
- Over 5 years operational experience working as a Head of Operations or similar across African regions such Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya etc.
- Strong Cross-Cultural Leadership skills.
- Proven experience in payments or other financial systems in Africa.
- Proven success partnering and working cross-functionally to make things happen.
- Significant experience negotiating and executing contracts and agreements.
- Someone open to constant change in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, a self-starter, open to working across time zones with teams all over the world.
- Established relevant business network.
- Someone willing and able to take smart risks based on solid strategy and deep partnership understanding.
- Curious profile, strategic thinker, effective decision making skills and positive attitude.
- Adaptability and growth mindset.
- Thorough knowledge of the market.
- Technical knowledge will be considered a plus.
- Commitment to compliance and understanding of the regulatory environment in Africa.
What You Will Do
- Negotiate and execute commercial partnerships and agreements.
- Work with internal teams on operations/product/technology road map and integration of partnerships within Africa.
- Closely lead and manage the operations team for overall operational excellence
- Analysing performance results and optimize accordingly.
- Improve operational capabilities for the different payment methods.
- Stay on top of local regulatory/licensing requirements and how it impacts our business.
- Work closely with merchants and commercial team, focusing in the development of key products.
- Maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and industry events.
- Contact with local lawyers, accountants and tax experts in order to ensure the operation is running accordingly in all countries of operation.
- Stay on top of local regulations and engage with regulators in case its necessary.
What Happens after you Apply?
- Our Talent Acquisition team is invested in creating the best candidate experience possible, so don’t worry, you will definitely hear from us. We will review your CV and keep you posted by email at every step of the process!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online