Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Credit Risk
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- Carbon’s success has created the opportunity for a Head of Credit Risk, Africa.
- Reporting to one of the founders, the person will be responsible for underpinning the Company’s growth across multiple countries, working with local teams to put the most appropriate credit risk and collections policies, processes, procedures and systems in place.
- The position is very hands-on and will require the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Developing and managing BNPL, retail and SME credit risk policy, processes & procedures in each current and new location.
- Developing and managing the collections policy, process and procedures.
- Helping to develop local talent, and leading successful and effective local credit risk & collections teams.
- Helping to achieve sustained growth in volume and profitability, year on year, to contribute toward the realisation of strategic objectives.
- Achieving continuous improvement in quality of lending portfolios across Pan African continent.
- Proven experience in African markets building profitable consumer lending portfolios and with a demonstrable experience of underwriting and fraud prevention techniques and systems
- A good understanding of Collections techniques – with the ability to develop policies, manual processes and procedures.
- A strong commercial acumen with a detailed understanding of the key drivers and metrics of cost to collect, cost of acquisition and unit economic models
- Knowledge and hands on experience of automated credit decision systems is essential.
- Strong Analytical and technical skills, with an ability to explain issues in a clear manner and problem solve
- Experience of using low codes tools would be advantageous
- Excellent career progression to date with quantifiable evidence of success and achievement.
- Capable of transferring knowledge to local teams.
- A self-starter with a proactive, hands-on and adaptable style and approach.
- A confident, assertive individual with strong business and organisational skills.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- Offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)