TalentintheCloud Limited is leading executive search across the FinTech sector. Since 2017, we have been building our knowledge, network, investments, and pools of global leadership talent. We connect companies and executives in the sector, enabling businesses to achieve key business objectives. We empower organisations by making use of the innovative solutions we have available to help them keep up with market trends, scale business operations and gain a competitive edge in the ever competitive FinTech sector.
Job Title: Head of Compliance
Job Location: Head of Compliance
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Sector: Fintech
Job Industry: Financial Services
Job Closing Date : Not Specified.
- This is a remote position.
- A fast-growing money wallet where sending and receiving money has never been so easy is looking for a Head of Compliance.
- This position supports the Legal, Risk, and Compliance functions, whilst operating in a fast-growing start-up environment.
- Your multi-faceted role will assist in the process of leading all in country compliance-related activities including managing relationships with partner banks and other strategic players in the payments space the business works with, being their lead regulatory interface, and managing state by state licensing efforts.
- It will require a unique combination of a strong regulatory background, the ability to be a flexible, strategic thinker, strong communication skills, and a desire to make the world a better place.
- Manage the Partner bank, and strategic partner relationships, whilst managing licensing efforts in coordination with Chipper’s Leadership Team and other resources
- As the Second Line of Defence, you will be acting as the Money Laundering Reporting officer supporting the CCO in overseeing all anti-money laundering and prevention of financing of terrorism protocols, know-your-customer (KYC) and related policies for the products, and liaising with appropriate regulatory authorities
- Coordinate the risk and compliance frameworks inconsistency with the business’s strategic plans
- Drive all ‘in country’ compliance matters including the following:
- Review applicable legislation and regulatory requirements and advise the company leadership on the existing requirement and any changes thereto to ensure that consistently complies with these compliance requirements
- Monitor appropriate internal policies, processes, and controls in respect of key legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations
- Implement appropriate risk assessment frameworks to be used as a guide in identifying, eliminating, and mitigating risks facing operations
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop/implement corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues while also providing general guidance on avoiding or resolving similar future concerns
- Recommend and contribute to the improvement of the internal control and operational environment based on the risk reviews within the context of the company products while considering the overall business environment and trends
- Ensure that all legal and contractual documentation meets the reasonably appropriate legal standard to safeguard the business’s legal and commercial interests, through the establishment of a contract and document management system
- Provide regular reports to keep the company informed of the operation and progress of compliance activities
- Implement staff training; both on an introductory and continuous basis to all employees, to ensure a cogent understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures
- Actively contribute towards firm-building initiatives and the development of talented individuals by creating an environment for the full development of the potential of the business’s personnel
- Travel as necessary and when required by the business during the execution of the Employee’s duties
What it takes to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred, or certification(s) in the Financial Service Sector
- At least 5 years of experience in financial service roles
- Experience in several financial crimes underlying disciplines (AML/CFT, sanctions, fraud, investigations, transaction monitoring, client due diligence, agent due diligence)
- Exposure to Mobile Banking, Mobile Payments, Prepaid cards, Cross Border payments
- Knowledge of AML/CFT, sanctions, and fraud laws, rules, regulations, risks, and typologies
- Supervisory experience in an investigative, financial crimes unit, or related control area
- Have a Global mindset and operate effectively across globally dispersed teams
- Independently managing, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities for yourself and the team
- Skills: English, verbal, and written, analytical skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to a diverse audience
- Experience in Fintech, liaising with regulators and internal audit staff, examinations, audit and reviews, document production, and issue responses
- Be a self-driven, self-starter.
Job Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online