Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Credit
Job Location: Mainland, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Job Closing Date
12th July, 2022.
- The Head, Credit & Risk Management be responsible for the monitoring and management of the risk portfolio of the Bank. The job holder will develop and implement systems, policies and procedures aimed at risk mitigation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning, designing implementing & managing the overall risk management process for the bank by developing the risk management framework, policies, processes, procedures and reporting standards that define the bank’s risk strategy and appetite in line with its overall business objectives
- Monitor the business development for emerging risks and recommend policies and procedures to improve the risk management process
- Facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, controlling and reporting the level of risks
- Maintain oversight over the bank’s enterprise risk management activities
- Provide support, education and training to staff in order to create risk awareness
- Ensures proper documentation of credits by adhering to set documentation standards and procedures
- Define credit approval framework and recommend credit approval limits in line with banks’ policy
- Analysis and appraisal of Individual credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines
- Conduct periodic stress tests and scenario analysis, assessing the impact to the Bank’s credit portfolio and make appropriate recommendations to senior management for appropriate action
- Support the loan remediation team, in negotiating work out plans and strategies for delinquent customers and provide additional support with respect to exposures requiring collection agencies or legal action
- Review and analyze the delinquent portfolio to identify key causal factors, make recommendations and track them to ensure adequate and timely closure
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable credit risk reports to senior management and board on a regular basis
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role at a microfinance bank or Fintech.
- Credit Administration, credit analysis and appraisal skills
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- Strong marketing and public relations skills
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits
- Planning and organization skills
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Influencing and Negotiation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.