The United States Institute of Peace is a national, nonpartisan, independent institute, founded by Congress and dedicated to the proposition that a world without violent conflict is possible, practical and essential for U.S. and global security. In conflict zones abroad, the Institute works with local partners to prevent, mitigate, and resolve violent conflict. To reduce future crises and the need for costly interventions, USIP works with governments and civil societies to build local capacities to manage conflict peacefully. The Institute pursues its mission by linking research, policy, training, analysis and direct action to support those who are working to build a more peaceful, inclusive world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: Finance Manager
Gender: Does not matter
Start Publishing: 30-06-2023
Stop Publishing: Not Specified.
Job Status: Abuja
What I would Do
- Manage USIP’s Nigeria Office bank and petty cash accounts and perform the daily cash management functions (i.e., bank payments, cash payments, check payments, cash receipts, etc.).
- Review vendor invoices to ensure adequate documentation and allowability, and process payments.
- Ensure recording financial transactions in PXQ QuickBase accounting system in a timely manner.
- Monitor monthly spendings and related budgetary matters.
- Perform bank and petty cash reconciliation monthly.
- Prepare the quarterly fund transfer requests in coordination with USIP HQ and Country Director.
- Process and disburse local travel vouchers for Nigeria office staff.
- Maintain the Nigeria office cash advance register and reconcile monthly.
- Develop annual budget forecasting for Nigeria Office.
- Ensure compliance with USIP financial management, procurement, and operations policies and Government of Nigeria tax rules and regulations.
- Ensure that goods and services are contracted in accordance with federal rules and institute policies and procedures.
- Manage USIP’s Nigeria Office procurement process, which includes working closely with the Nigeria Office program team and remotely (online) with USIP HQ to compete contract opportunities, submit contract requests including new contracts, modifications, and responding to a wide range of contract inquiries.
- In close coordination with the Nigeria Office program team, review budget submissions by prospective implementing partners and other vendors to provide input on the budget and ensure it is accurate and reflects proposed scope of work and deliverables.
- Assist Nigeria Office program team with writing or reviewing scopes of work based on prospective partner and vendor’s proposals.
- Develop financial benchmark guidelines for recurring expenses so that the budgets submitted by prospective implementing partners can be evaluated for costs.
- Oversee and analyze partners monthly and quarterly financial and progress reports to ensure and verify that deliverables are being met according to cost and schedule outlined in the contract.
- Work with local partners to complete the partner assessment form and support the partner in completing the partner assessment form.
- Ensure local partners meet established Nigerian government requirements, including but not limited to registration, sound financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related fields.
- 4-5 years of financial management and/or procurement required.
- Strong understanding of procurement policies and procedures, including understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Proficiency in English required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written), ability to liaise with internal staff, external partners, and vendors.
- Experience in an international organization and/or US government funded organization is a plus.
- Certification in utilizing financial management systems such as Quick base, Quick Books, and excel.
- Advanced accounting and/or procurement/acquisition qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online