The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Category: Accountant
Job Type: Education
Job Shift: Full time
Gender: Does not matter
Highest Education: Graduate
Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree
Start Publishing: 02-06-2023
Stop Publishing: 21st June, 2023.
Job Status: Adamawa
What Would I Do
- The Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- The duties shall include but NOT limited to interpreting and analyzing complex accounting records of financial statements.
- These may include general accounting, costing or budget data in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- A combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience and 5 or more years of accounting experience and successful completion fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- Possess adequate supervisory skills needed to lead a team efficiently.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status. For more information on AUN, explore www.aun.edu.ng
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.